My guest today is Alex Fine, founder of Dame Products. Dame is the home of phenomenally fun toys for adults, that helps people to upgrade their self care with toys for sex. They were also named one of the most innovative wellness companies in 2020 by Fast Company. We touch on alot of areas in both sexual wellness and femtech that have been traditionally heavily stigmatized and her journey guiding Dame to amazing heights.
Some of the questions I ask Alex
- Let's start at the beginning. What attracted you to entrepreneurship and sex therapy?
- What was the insight that led to Dame?
- How did you start creating vibrators?
- What was the process of testing, finding women to test the product. Was there any hesitancy to sample since they were putting the vibrators under their labias?
- When did you realize this could be a business?
- How did you approach marketing and brand?
- How did you think about the competitive landscape in the vibrator category?
- How do you think about product extensions and launching new products?
- What are some of the hurdles or challenges you've had to face?
- What was your fundraising strategy?
- What's the most surprising thing you've done and thought you'd never do as a founder?
- What's one thing you'd change regarding the fundraising process?
- What's one book the inspired you personally and one book that inspired you professionally?
- What's the best piece of advice that you've received?
- What's one piece of advice for founders?