Our guest today is Ariel Kaye, founder of Parachute. Parachute is a vertically integrated high end bedding company that is Designed in LA. Manufactured in Italy. Delivered directly to you. In this episode you'll learn how Ariel saw the opportunity to create a brand in bedding, approached an omni-channel strategy, managing her stores and business during COVID. Without further ado, here's Ariel.
You can follow Ariel on Twitter @arielkaye
Some of the questions I ask Ariel:
- What attracted you to consumer brands?
- What was the insight that led you to founding Parachute?
- What was missing from bedding?
- What was the competitive stack?
- What the supply chain could look like?
- What was your approach to brand design?
- How did you source your product?
- What was your launch strategy?
- How did you pick which SKUs to launch with?
- How did you pick distribution channels?
- What was your approach to retail and omnichannel?
- Why did you choose to go direct, creating your own stores?
- How do did you think about organic growth vs. paid?
- Approach to customer retention and building a dedicated audience.
- How did you think about expanding into other categories?
- How did you have to pivot during COVID?
- As we come out of COVID, what's on the horizon for Parachute?
- What was your approach to fundraising?
- What's one thing you would change about fundraising?
- What's one book that inspired you personally and one book that inspired you professionally?
- What's the best piece of advice that you've received?
- Don't sweat the small stuff
- What's one piece of advice that you have for founders?