Our guest today is Avrum Elmakis, founder & CEO of CLMBR. CLMBR is an at-home the first vertical climber with a touch screen and on-demand, instructor-led classes. It’s a full body and one of the most efficient workouts you can do. We discuss how he became an entrepreneur, what led to founding CLMBR, how he was able to get Lebron James, Jay-Z and Novak Djokovic to invest and how he thinks about establishing new fitness habits. Without further ado, here’s Avrum.
Here’s what I asked him:
- How did you get into climbing?
- What led you to founding CLMBR?
- What were the first steps you took? What was the moment when you were all-in?
- How did you build your product and get a prototype?
- Why did you decide to launch an indie gogo campaign?
- What was the initial response?
- How did you go about building your supply chain since this sounds like a complicated product?
- You launched during the pandemic in April 2020. Was the plan always to launch in April? Seems like the ideal timing to launch an at home fitness option?
- How did you approach distribution?
- What were sales like once you launched?
- What was user feedback?
- How did your recent fundraise come together? How did Jay-Z sign on?
- As the world opens up, how do you see the future of fitness and habits around working out?
- What's next on the horizon for CLMBR?
- What's one thing you would change about fundraising?
- What's one book that inspired you personally and one book that inspired you professionally?
- What's one piece of advice that you have for founders?
- What's the best piece of advice that has stuck with you?