Thank you Carlton Fowler for the introduction to today's guests Brandon Schwartz and Lawrence Cisneros, co-founders of DRNXMYTH. DRNXMYTH Makes The Best Cocktails Ever Bottled. I have to say, these are amazing. I tried the product a few weeks ago and think what they are building with DRNXMYTH is very innovative and I hope you'll see that as well. We discuss their origin story of how they created this amazing bottle for cocktails, how their business is becoming a marketplace, how they think about collaborations.
A couple of books that inspired Brandon and Lawrence:
Zero to One by Peter Thiel
Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Klyosakl
The questions I ask Brandon and Lawrence:
- Let's start from the beginning. How did you two meet and become interested in the alcohol and beverage industries?
- What was the insight or pain point that you wanted to solve that led to the founding of Drnxmyth come together?
- When you started realized
- How did you develop the technology and your supply chain?
- What were some of the early hurdles?
- How did you think about brand and brand positioning?
- How were you able to validate your idea?
- What was some of the early growth levers you used and your approach to retail and ecommerce?
- How were you able to pivot during COVID?
- What was your approach to fundraising?
- What was the biggest hang up from investors when they were evaluating your business?
- How did you approach building community with Drnxmyth?
- How did you think about flavors and creating different cocktails?
- Do you plan on creating your own hard alcohols?
- What's one thing you would change about the fundraising process?
- What's one piece of advice that you have for founders currently building?