My guest today is Brian Reilly, founder of Will Ventures. Will Ventures is a venture capital fund that focused exclusively on leveraging the power of sport to shape the future. In this episode (as you can imagine) you'll learn about sports technology, health and wellness innovation and what's next in Media and content and how his upbringing helped shape him as an investor. Without further ado, here's Brian.
And there you have it. It was a pleasure chatting with Brian, you can catch him on Twitter @brianreillyvc
Some of the questions I ask Brian:
- Was the idea always to see how you could remain close to sports?
- What was your attraction to venture capital, innovation and quite honestly being around entrepreneurs?
- Talk to me about your journey up to founding Will Ventures?
- Why did you decide to start your own venture capital fund?
- I was talking to an entrepreneur the other day who is building technology in the sports - media space who told me only a handful of investors truly invest in sports technology. Do you feel the areas that you focus on at Will Ventures is quite niche?
- How do you describe your investment themes?
- Walk me through your due diligence process.
- How do you assess founders?
- Have there been moments in your life that have impacted how you invest, who you invest in and what you look for?
- How do you measure grit and what are some of the keys to leadership?
- What are opportunities that you're currently focused on?
- Due to COVID and remote work, are you finding yourself seeing more and more opportunities outside the main hubs of entrepreneurship (SF, NYC, LA, Boston etc.)?
- What's one thing you would change about venture capital process?
- What's one book that inspired you personally and one book that inspired you professionally?
- What's your most recent investment and what makes you excited about it?
- What's the best piece of advice you've received?
- What's one piece of advice for founders?