Our guest today is Harpreet Singh Rai, the CEO of Oura. Oura is a smart ring that tracks your sleep and links how you sleep to your energy levels through the day. I have one, I love it. I have a bullet journal where I track all my habits and how I'm feeling throughout the day and what I learned is one of the biggest indicators to how I feel and how productive I am is directly tied to how I slept the night before. In this episode we discuss how underated sleep is, how Harpreet became the CEO of Oura and much much more.
Sponsor: This episode is brought to you by Gorgias. Gorgias combines all your communication channels including email, SMS, social media, livechat, and phone, into one platform and gives you an organized view of all tickets. Sign up here and mention the Consumer VC podcast for two months free.
Click Here to sign up.
Some of the questions I ask Harpreet:
- You worked in banking for a long time. What compelled you to become an entrepreneur?
- Why did you decide to focus on sleep? What was the insight that led you to founding Oura?
- Why did you choose the ring as the type of wearable?
- When you were figuring out the data in the beginning, what was most surprising an
- What are the metrics/components to get a good night's sleep?
- What is Heart Rate Variance? How does that effect your sleep?
- Whilst sleep has been the positioning of Oura, how likely is it that we see fitness tracking being more of a focus?
- How do you calculate sleep score?
- How do you calculate readiness score?
- How does the form factor evolve from here?
- When do you think you found product-market fit?
- Why is it ring? - Accuracy and convenience
- What was market validation to you?
- Rest modes - Matteo - to help save your life
- How did you approach growth?
- When did you decide that you needed to fundraise?
- What was that process like? What was your strategy?
- What's the best piece of advice that you've received?