My guest today is John Gannon, founder of GoingVC. GoingVC is a VC Career accelerator. GoingVC is designed to help you break into venture capital by directly connecting motivated VC job seekers with VC firms. and you can learn VC through cohort based learning. GoingVC also has its own investment arm as. In this episode. We discuss you'll learn how to enter VC, the rise of cohort based learning, and what the consumerization of enterprise really means.
You can also follow him on Twitter @johnmgannon
Here are some questions I ask John:
- What was your attraction to venture capital?
- How did you start Going VC? What was the gap you were seeing?
- Tell us a bit about Going VC?
- What are some trends in consumer that you are focusing on?
- How has venture capital changed since you started at a fund after grad school?
- What are the differences of people in your cohorts that make it into venture vs. those that don't?
- Are their special skill sets that one needs to have to enter the consumer side?
- Are you seeing funds become more specialized or more generalists?
- How do you look at consumer companies?
- What's one thing you would change about VC?
- What's your best piece of advice for someone that's looking to go into VC?