Our guest today is Jordan Gaspar, the Managing Partner at AF Ventures. AF Ventures is dedicated to growing the next generation of brands, having invested in Circul, By Heart and Harmless Harvest. We discuss how she founded AF Ventures and leveraged her network as a lawyer, and how she thinks about growth for digitally native brands in this current age.
Some of the questions I ask her:
- Can you please share a little about AF Ventures background?
- What was your initial attraction to consumer brands?
- How has AF Ventures evolved over the past few years?
- What are the most recent trends within consumer that you are most passionate about?
- How has COVID impacted recent trends?
- Does a product “need to work in retail” for you to invest?
- Why did you decide to raise a SPAC?
- We’ve also seen incredible growth from brands despite global supply chain issues. As an investor and advisor, how do you navigate or comprehend where we are currently at?
- What’s one thing you would change about venture capital?
- What VC advice do you have for entrepreneurs/founders?