Thank you Ben Zises for the introduction to our guest today is Jordan Nathan. Jordan is the Founder and CEO of Caraway. Caraway crafts well-designed non-Toxic Ceramic Cookware Thoughtfully Designed For Any Type Of Home. On this episode, we discuss why he decided to start a cookware brand when the market seemed saturated, his approach to growth, what it was like raising his first round of fundraising and much much more. Without further ado, here's Jordan.
Sponsor: This episode is brought to you by Gorgias. Gorgias combines all your communication channels including email, SMS, social media, livechat, and phone, into one platform and gives you an organized view of all tickets. Sign up here and mention the Consumer VC podcast for two months free.
Click Here to sign up.
Question I ask Jordan:
- What was your attraction to ecommerce?
- What was your role at Mohawk group? What were some of your learnings?
- Did you have an attraction to cooking
- What are the nuances to building a brand on Amazon that most might not get?
- What was the insight that led to Caraway?
- How did you approach design and your supply chain?
- What was the go-to-market strategy?
- Did Caraway benefit from the pandemic since people weren't eating out all the time?
- How did you approach distribution?
- How would you characterize your brand and what was your approach to brand positioning?
- At what point did you believe it could be a big business?
- Why did you fundraise?
- What was your fundraising strategy?
- What was the biggest hang up from investors?
- What's next on the horizon for Caraway?
- What's the best piece of advice that you've received?
- What's one piece of advice that you have for founders