Our guest today is Juan Pablo Cappello, founder of Nue Life. Nue Life is a mental wellness company that offers in-home ketamine therapy. This was a fascinating conversation about where our current healthcare system has failed us with the wrong incentive structure, new alternative therapies, his own mission and inspiration, and what the goal is for Nue Life.
Some of the questions I ask Juan Pablo:
- When were you first exposed psychedelics and ketamine?
- What inspired you to found Nue Life?
- How did you develop a program?
- What are some of the regulation speed bumps that you’ve had to go through in order to launch?
- What’s the business model? How much do you charge? How long is the program?
- What was your approach to acquiring new customers?
- Do you see your customers going through your program multiple times / on going or is it a quest to always bring on new customers?
- What’s been your approach to scale?
- What’s been your approach to raising money?
- Shat was your attraction to entrepreneurship?
- What were your learnings from starting Patagon, the first online bank in LatAm?
- What’s one thing you would change about venture capital?
- What’s one thing that’s misunderstood about psychedelics?
- What’s one book that inspired you personally and one book that inspired you professionally?
- What’s the best piece of advice that you’ve received?