Thank you Sumeet Shah for introducing me to our guest today Kelsey Moreira, founder and Co-CEO of Doughp. Doughp makes 100% raw cookie dough. As you probably can guess, we talk all things cookie dough as well as why Kelsey moved from Oakland to set up shop in Las Vegas, effects of COVID in her store and ecommerce, her mission and her experience on Shark Tank.
And there you have it. It was wonderful chatting with Kelsey. I highly recommend following her @kelsey_moreira on Twitter.
A book that inspired Kelsey -
You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
Some of the questions I ask Kelsey -
- You worked in tech for a long time, what attracted you to entrepreneurship and the food and beverage space?
- What was the insight that led you to founding DOUGHP?
- How did you decide to approach creating the product?
- How did you think about DOUGHPs brand and positioning?
- Why Las Vegas?
- DOUGHP for Hope initiative
- Mental health days for staff
- What did you want to raise capital?
- How was your experience on Shark Tank?
- What was your fundraising approach?
- How did you distribution and different channels?
- What has been the effect of COVID on your business?
- What's one thing you would change about fundraising?
- What's the best piece of advice that you've received?
- What's one piece of advice for folks building a consumer product?