Thank you Elizabeth Edwards for introducing me to our guest today. Leigh Radford, the Senior Vice President, Founder & General Manager of P&G Ventures. We discuss what is corporate venture capital, how P&G partners with brands, and the advantages for aspiring brands. Without further ado, here's Leigh.
Some of the questions I ask Leigh
- What was your initial attraction to consumer products?
- How did you end up working at P&G?
- Of course, when it comes to building brands, P&G are one of the world's best at doing so. What were some of your learnings of brand building at P&G?
- Tell me a bit about P&G Ventures.
- Startup studio, partners with entrepreneurs both inside and outside of the company.
- What do you look for when analyzing brands?
- Walk me through your due diligence process.
- What are some of the advantages for aspiring brands that's hard for incumbents to adapt to?
- What are some of the advantages for an aspiring brand to partner with corporate venture capital arm vs. a "normal" venture capital firm?
- When you are analyzing online brands, what are some of the attributes they need to have in order to work in retail?
- Going the other way, what types of brands might work in retail without having an online presence?
- What are the KPIs you look for when brands are in retail?
- What's one thing that you would change about venture capital?
- What's the best piece of advice that you've received?
- What's one piece of advice that you have for founders?