Our guest today is Mike Hirshland, co-founder of Resolute Ventures. Resolute Ventures is a lead seed and “pre-seed” investor focused on backing and connecting a community of Founders who share an entrepreneurial spirit and energy. Some of their investments include Bark Box, Clutter, and Lumen. We discuss what pre-seed and seed investing is today, the opportunity within Web3, and how he builds conviction within founders. Without further ado, here’s Mike.
Some of the questions I ask
- How did you enter venture capital?
- What were some of the learnings from that
- How did Resolute come together?
- What got you interested in the seed stage?
- How do you describe seed today?
- 10 financing in a year
- How do you think about risk in this market?
- Henrik Werdelin of BARK recently told Mike his "superpower is authenticity" which is what founders need now. What does that mean? Why is authenticity so important?
- One of your big themes is community. What’s your approach to building community, why is it so important and why did you create the Resolute DAO?
- How do you think about the opportunity within Web3? What are use cases that get you excited?
- Emotionally support
- Can we imagine a world where solving a problem
- What parts of Web3 is investible?
- How do you think about the current market/landscape?
- What’s you diligence process?
- What’s one thing you would change about venture capital?
- What’s one book that inspired you professionally and one book that inspired you personally?
- As It Is