Discover more from The Consumer VC
The Consumer Roundup #16
Welcome to The Consumer VC, a newsletter about venture capital and consumer. If you aren’t subscribed, come and subscribe below.
This issue is brought to you by Vauban from Carta - the easiest way to launch & run your venture investing.
Thanks to all who came out this past week to our coffee meetup. It was great hanging. Special thanks to Raphael, Sara, Cole for organizing. Will keep you all posted about more of these and other events that are on the horizon 👀
On to the deal update –
Super.com, the cashback rewards credit card, finance & travel savings app, raises $60 million in equity and $25 million in debt. The equity round was led by Inovia Capital and was joined by new investors, Shopify President Harley Finkelstein; Ancestry.com CEO Deb Liu; Allen Shim, former CFO of Slack; Golden State Warriors CFO Josh Proctor; Substack CEO Chris Best; Confluent CTO Neha Narkhede; Mike Lee, co-founder of MyFitnessPal; Hyphen Capital; EDC and Plaza Ventures. - TechCrunch
TinyTap, an edtech games platform and a subsidiary of Animoca Brands, raises $8.5 million from Sequoia China, Shima Capital, Polygon, Liberty City Ventures, Kingsway Capital, and GameFi Ventures - Marketbrief
POSH, the event management platform, raises $5 million seed co-led by Companyon Ventures and EPIC Ventures, with participation from Day One Ventures, Pareto Holdings, DoNotPay founder Joshua Browder - TechCrunch
A Quick Word From Our Sponsor
Vauban from Carta is the easiest way to launch & run your venture investing. They offer SPVs, and fund vehicles for GPs at all stages of the journey - from your first syndicate to operating a multi-million dollar venture fund. Their end-to-end platform automates your back-office and manual workflows so you can focus on what matters: finding the next unicorn & building investor relationships.
CPG & Consumer Brands
Nosh, the Berlin-based alternative meat protein company that uses fungi biomass, raises $3.5 million round led by Earlybird Venture Capital with participation from Clear Current Capital, Grey Silo Ventures, and Good Seed Ventures - Tech.eu
8 Myles, a “clean comfort food” brand that produces a frozen macaroni and cheese, raises $1.05 million seed round that includes Andreessen Horowitz’s a16z Talent x Opportunity Initiative, Virginia Venture Partners, The Enterprise Center, gener8tor’s Bronze Valley Investment Accelerator, Kompass Ventures and various angel investors - Food Business News
eCommerce Infrastructure & Retail Tech
Community, the SMS customer engagement platform for brands that was co-founded by Ashton Kutcher, raises $25 million from Salesforce Ventures, Morgan Stanley Next Level Fund, HubSpot, Pier 70 Ventures, Verizon Ventures, GSW Ventures, Backstage Capital, Wocstar Fund - MarketWatch
Funds Raising Funds
Bread & Butter Ventures, a Minnesota based VC firm that are investors in Bizzy, Alchemy 365, and Renewal Mill, is raising $60 million for their fourth fund -
Estée Lauder acquires Tom Ford brand for $2.3 billion and Marcolin for $250 million - EL Companies
Authentic Brands Group (who earlier this month bought Boardriders) acquires the IP of the Vince brand, which will be housed under the subsidiary ABG Vince. Authentic Brands Group will own 75% of ABG Vince while Vince Holding will own the remaining 25% - PYMNTS
Walmart sells plus size clothing brand, Eloquii, to FullBeauty Brands. They originally bought the brand for $100 million in 2018 - CNBC
That’s all for reading. New pod on Tuesday.