Building the ultimate running shoe with Steven Sashen, co-founder of Xero Shoes
The Consumer VC episode 135 with Steven Sashen co-founder/CEO of Xero Shoes
Xero Shoes produces lightweight minimalist footwear designed for walking, running, and athletics.
I first found out about Xero Shoes from one of Peter Attia’s podcast episodes on the evolution of the foot.
The next day, I purchased my first pair of Xeros. They have been my go-to shoe for running, walking and hiking for the past 8 months.
Steven is also the second founder I've had on this show whose business was inspired by the book "Born to Run". The first was Daniel Gluck.
In this episode we cover:
- The difference between minimalist and zero drop
- The history of running shoes in the past 60 years
- What sustainability means and doesn’t mean
- Sourcing issues and why supply chains all end up back in China
- Testing distribution channels in the early days
Thanks again for listening!